The ultimate easy holiday appetizer recipe, this Savory Christmas Torte makes a beautiful, savory addition to any holiday party.
According to my husband when people find out your wife is a food blogger, their expectation for what you’ll bring to the office party is exceptionally high. Over the years his co-workers have been conditioned to know that when it comes to the holiday office party, there’s really only one option — my Savory Christmas Torte.
Look, nobody wants to show up with the lame dip that doesn’t get eaten or the tray of grocery store cookies that just takes up space on the dessert table. But holidays are busy, office party or not. And I’ve learned — if it works, stick with it.
And this recipe works. Period.
This 5 Ingredient Savory Christmas Torte is a recipe that I’ve tinkered with over the years to render ultimate holiday appetizer perfection. It’s super easy. Terribly festive. And unbelievably yummy — 3 qualities that make it the only holiday appetizer recipe you’ll ever need.
5 Ingredient Savory Christmas Torte
The ultimate easy holiday appetizer recipe, this Christmas Torte makes a beautiful, savory addition to any holiday party.
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 1 jar sun-dried tomato halves, drained well
- Line a small bowl with plastic wrap (be sure to leave enough wrap to hang over the sides.)
- Add cream cheese and feta to bowl of a food processor and pulse until combined. Remove mixture to a separate bowl. Spoon 1/3 of mixture into bottom of lined bowl, spreading evenly to edges.
- Add pesto and basil to food processor; pulse until combined and spread evenly to edges over cream cheese layer in lined bowl. Top with another 1/3 of cream cheese mixture, spreading evenly to edges.
- Add sundried tomato halves to food processor; pulse until combined and spread evenly to edges over cream cheese layer in lined bowl. Top with remaining 1/3 of cream cheese mixture, spreading evenly to edges.
- Wrap up edges of wrap over top of torte and press firmly (add additional wrap if needed to ensure torte is completely covered.) Refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- To serve, remove any extra wrap placed over top of bowl. Invert onto serving platter. Lift off bowl and carefully remove wrap. Serve with crackers.
Note: The cream cheese mixture spreads best when it’s at room temperature or evenly slightly warm. To help spreading, I often use an offset spatula rinsed with warm water.
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 2.1 g
- Sodium: 138 mg
- Fat: 7.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.5 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
© This Unmillennial Life ® by Regan Jones. All images & content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or content without my permission.