Never baked with phyllo dough? Friends and family will love how special these Baked Apples are and you’ll love how easy they were to make.Print
Apples Baked In Phyllo
- 1/3 cup Swerve
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 apples
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- Garnishes: vanilla frozen yogurt and chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine Swerve and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Peel, half, and core the apples. Place on the baking sheet and lightly sprinkle with cinnamon-Swerve mixture. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Cut phyllo sheets in half lengthwise, reserving 4 sheets per half of apple.
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup and pecans. Set aside.
- Place a sheet of phyllo dough on a large cutting board or clean work surface. Using a pastry brush, gently brush phyllo with butter, lightly sprinkle with the cinnamon-Swerve mixture, and repeat with 3 layers. Add a dollop of the pecan mixture in the center of the phyllo sheets. Place baked apple on top (rounded side up). Gently overlap diagonal corners on top of the apple. Secure with toothpicks if needed.
- Repeat procedure with remaining apples and phyllo.
- Brush phyllo wrapped apples with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-Swerve mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until phyllo is golden brown and sugar caramelizes.
- Serve warm a la mode with vanilla frozen yogurt and chopped pecans.