You know menopause is coming. But do you know what healthy habits you should adopt now to help best manage the symptoms of menopause?
About today’s guest: Liz Ward* is a registered dietitian nutritionist and co-author of several books, including The Menopause Diet Plan, which is written with her friend and colleague, Hillary Wright. Liz and Hillary have been friends since college, each have 3 children, and are now going through mid-life together. In this episode, Liz answers the following questions:
- Is it possible to prevent a decline in estrogen with diet and exercise?
- What does it mean to “manage your hormones” during menopause?
- How important is getting enough sleep in terms of managing your hunger and overall hormone balance?
- What are the principles of The Menopause Diet Plan and how do they help women better manage their hormones?
- Is soy safe to eat for women going through menopause?
- Why is regular physical activity so important at mid-life and beyond?
- What kind of change is your brain going through during menopause?
In the commercial break of this episode, I’m previewing a little bit about my new Fasting + Food program that I developed with Danielle Omar, MS, RD. Fasting + Food is a 4-day food-assisted fast and metabolic reset. To learn more about it, visit thisunmillenniallife.com/fasting, where you can also download a FREE GUIDE to Fasting for Longevity.
I wrap up today’s episode with a recommendation for my favorite new true-crime podcast, Tom Brown’s Body. From the website: “In 2016, a popular teenager disappeared in the tiny Panhandle community of Canadian, Texas. Two years later, his remains were discovered beneath a tree outside of town. But to this day, no arrests have been made, and nearly everyone involved in the case has fallen under suspicion.”
Thanks so much for listening, downloading, subscribing and sharing with a friend. Talk to you next week! ~Regan
In case you missed it, be sure to listen to The Perimenopause Episode.
*Connect with today’s guest:
Web site: www.betteristhenewperfect.com
Menopause Diet Plan FB page: https://www.facebook.com/Menopause-Diet-Plan-100955578330937
If you’re not doing so already, please also connect with me on social media:
© This Unmillennial Life ® by Regan Jones.
All images & content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or content without my permission.