This Black Bean and Corn Salsa is perfected with the addition of toasted cumin seeds and fresh lime juice.Print
Black Bean and Corn Salsa
This favorite Tex-Mex inspired appetizer is perfected by adding toasted cumin seeds and fresh lime juice.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 ripe tomato, dicd
- 1/2 medium purple onion, minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- Toast cumin seeds in a skillet over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until brown and fragrant, stirring often.
- Combine cumin seeds, black beans, and remaining ingredients; toss well.
- Cover and store in refrigerator up to 1 week. Serve with tortilla chips, over grilled chicken/fish or as a filling for quesadillas –