Not ready for retirement, but clearly not new to the workforce, many unmillennials find themselves at a crossroads of their careers wondering “Is this all there is?” This podcast takes a deeper look into the idea of career burnout, what’s behind it and how to overcome it.
Beth Kennedy, author of Career Recharge (affiliate link) and today’s podcast guest, has more than 20 years experience as an executive coach and resiliency-training expert. In this episode she details her Benatti Resiliency Model, which has helped thousands of people develop the resilience to adapt to changing career circumstances, remain productive and engaged, and find greater life and career satisfaction. In the show we discuss:
- The importance of focusing on well-being to recharge
- How self-awarenesss provides insight into our purpose
- Why developing your own “brand” is important and relies on understanding your strengths
- The importance of connection and cultivating relationships to fight burnout
- How innovation plays a crucial role in challenging yourself and bolstering resiliency
Throughout the interview, Beth expands on each of the aforementioned concepts with resources to support them, including:
- recommendations for her favorite meditation apps (Calm, Breathe, 10% Happier and Headspace)
- her recommendation for 360Reach as a tool to support personal branding
- a challenge to listeners to start a “Friday 5” practice each week, answering the questions
- What are my wins this week?
- What could I do differently?
- What do I want to do next week?
I close out the show with a quick bit of feedback from podcast fan Catherine, who emailed me to agree that the Life Changing Chili recipe I mentioned in The Keto Episode is, in fact, life changing! (Thanks Catherine!) Next up, I give a detailed account of my tips for success using the One Two Cosmetic’s Magnetic Eyelashes, as recommended on The Eyelashes Episode, on ReganJonesRD Instagram and on the Cool Stuff page.
Thanks to every listener who made 2018 an amazing year for me and this podcast! The first episode of 2019 opened with our highest regular season episode release to date! Thank you thank you! I can’t wait to bring you all the new episodes I have in the works for the remainder of Season 2. ~Regan
This week’s episode is brought to you by Food Photography Basics — a self-guided, on-demand course approved for 1 hour CEU for registered dietitians. To enroll, visit nutritioncommunicationsacademy.com.
This Unmillennial Life is available each week via iTunes, NPROne, Libsyn, iHeartRadio, Spotify and coming soon, Podcasts on Pandora. Each full-length show is also now available via ReganJonesRD on Facebook making it easier than ever to share with a friend.