Joining me in this episode is Holistic Cannabis Practitioner and fellow Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Janice Bissex. I interviewed Janice in Season 1 of the podcast in The Cannabis Episode. Today she’s back to focus solely on CBD — its benefits, uses, and recommendations for dosing.
While people have increasingly become familiar with the term “CBD,” they may not know exactly what it is, where it comes from, or what the particular legalities are surrounding its sale and uses. In this episode, Janice educates us about all of these things and more as we discuss:
- The difference between Cannabis and Hemp and what constitutes CBD
- The conditions Janice treats in her practice with CBD, as well as other conditions for which there is research to support CBD usage, including — anxiety, pain, insomnia, depression, MS, arthritis and inflammation
- Why CBD works especially well for pain as it decreases the transmission of pain signals making the pain more manageable to tolerate
- How the neuro-calming properties of CBD make it especially effective in helping with anxiety
- What forms of CBD are available
- Why CBD dosing is very individualized
- What the legality is of CBD and what the know about traveling with CBD
We wrap up our discussion with Janice’s input on what to look for in a CBD brand, including independent lab testing, organic status and company reputation
My end of the show includes a discussion of two Netflix shows — one that I’m recommending as having made my “If I Had A VCR I’d Tape This” segment — Don’t F**K with Cats. The second, the show Cheer that all of my friends and colleagues are raving about.
If you’ve watched either of these shows, LET ME KNOW. I’d love to hear your voice. Leave me a voicemail on my Contact page.
If you have questions about CBD or any episode of the podcast, feel free to reach out to me via email, regan at thisunmillenniallife dot com, OR across social media — Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Keep in mind you can always join the Facebook for more unmillennial conversation each week.
Until next time, take care. ~Regan
© This Unmillennial Life ® by Regan Jones.
All images & content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or content without my permission.