This family-friendly recipe for Chicken Florentine Lasagna uses hummus in its rich, hearty filling. It’s the ultimate weeknight dinner recipe.
As you know, some times I have a lot I want to say. I’m a podcaster. It should come as no surprise.
But sometimes I simply want to say “YOU GOTTA TRY THIS EASY CHICKEN FLORENTINE LASAGNA RECIPE!”
Really, no other explanation needed, but since I’m never at a loss for words….
My youngest son gave this lasagna a “9 and 3/4” on a scale of 1 to 10. (In case you’re wondering why it wasn’t a 10 he informed me “Nothing’s perfect mom. There’s always room for improvement.”)
In that case, I’d say this is as good as it gets.
I used to make a variation of this florentine lasagna any time I was taking a meal to a friend, a new mom or simply wanted a hearty crowd-pleaser. But the version I used before called for cream of something (I forget now what) soup. I’m no cream-of-soup basher, but it’s honestly not something I keep on hand anymore.
Hummus, though. That’s a different story.
When I first created this recipe it was during a Recipe ReDux contest with Sabra hummus. They’d sent me extra samples and I couldn’t let a dollop go to waist. So I did what any resourceful woman would do:
I made florentine lasagna with it, of course.
It makes a rich, creamy filling and helps boost the protein in the recipe. I didn’t do anything fancy or special to make it a lower carb lasagna other than use few lasagna noodles. No weird drying of zucchini planks or turning cauliflower into pasta. It’s just lasagna, with less.. you know… lasagna. But tons of protein, and most importantly tons of flavor.
So if you find yourself with an excess of hummus, a short supply of soup or simply wanting to make a “9 3/4 out of 10 recipe” for lower carb lasagna for dinner tonight, this is the recipe for you. Enjoy! ~ReganPrint
Easy Chicken Florentine Lasagna
Skip the can of soup! This family-friendly recipe for Chicken Florentine Lasagna uses hummus in its rich, hearty filling. By using no-boil noodles it’s the ultimate quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe.
- Yield: Makes 9 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- 3 1/2 cups (about 14.5 ounces) cooked chicken breast
- 3 cups frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 (10-ounce) container (about 1 1/4 cups) hummus
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 pound shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine chicken and next 7 ingredients (through black pepper) in a large bowl; mix well.
- Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place 2 lasagna noodles in bottom of pan; layer with 1/3 of chicken mixture and 1/3 of mozzarella cheese. Repeat two more times with remaining noodles, chicken mixture and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Cover and cook for 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 383
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 930 mg
- Fat: 16.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.1 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 34.7 g
© This Unmillennial Life ® by Regan Jones.
All images & content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or content without my permission.