If you need an all-around good & tasty & easy & yummy & crowd-pleasing cookie recipe, this Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe is it! They’re absolutely as close to perfect as a cookie can be.
They should be. I tested them FIVE TIMES to get them like I wanted them.
My taste testers were none too sad about this fact, though. Five batches worth of chocolate chunk cookies is hard to be mad about.
I wish I could claim to be the originator of the recipe, but that title goes to my friend Gretchen from kumquat. While I’ve taken great liberties with her original Grain-Free Dark Chocolate-Potato Chip Cookies — like omitting the potato chips and subbing in some Swerve for some of the sugar — much of the basic dough portion of these cookies is her brilliance.
I created these mostly so my husband could enjoy a gooey batch of gluten-free chocolate chunk cookies, but as it turns out my whole family loved them. (I continue to be amazed by how well cutting out half of the sugar in recipes and using Swerve instead works. I’ve yet to make a recipe with that modification that my family has been able to tell the difference!)
Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe
- Yield: 20 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Swerve, granulated
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 165 g (about 1 1/3 cups) almond flour
- 52 g (6 tablespoons) arrowroot or cornstarch
- 15 g (about 2 1/2 tablespoons) unflavored whey powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chunks (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat softened butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Add sugar and Swerve; beat until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until mixture is combined.
- Combine almond flour, arrowroot, whey powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Add almond flour mixture to butter mixture and beat until just combined. Gently stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; press down slightly to flatten.
- Bake at 350° for 12-13 minutes or until edges are just golden. Let cool slightly.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 137 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
© This Unmillennial Life ® by Regan Jones. All images & content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or content without my permission.