Low-Carb Lemon Nut Sandies
This Low-Carb Lemon Nut Sandies cookie recipe is one everybody can enjoy!
- Yield: 16 cookies 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar or bakeable sugar substitute (I used Swerve)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia (optional)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar or bakeable sugar substitute (I used Swerve)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Combine almond and coconut flours, pecans, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sweetener, egg, 1 teaspoon lemon extract, almond extract and stevia; beat until smooth. Add flour mixture; beat just until smooth.
- Spoon out into balls onto prepared baking sheet and flatten using back of measuring cup coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until set and edges are beginning to brown. Remove and let cool 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients; spread lightly and evenly over warm cookies. Let cool completely. Store in airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 96
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 71 mg
- Fat: 8.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.8 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 31. g
Keywords: low carb