Going through the motions of every day life may seem like you’re a well oiled machine on auto-pilot through your day. But did you know that this unconscious flow in and out of life’s events may have you bypassing some very important mindfulness benefits?
In this episode I’m interviewing Lisa Wellstead — an Educator of Mindfulness Programs with over 13 years experience teaching mindfulness-based approaches to alleviate stress, anxiety, and pain. Her clients include Fortune 500 executives, doctors, lawyers, fire-fighters, teachers, school administrators, counselors, and others. In the show, Lisa shared with us:
- a basic overview of what mindfulness is and is not
- how mindfulness gives you more choice and allows you to be more intentional about how you’re showing up in the world
- how slowing down and learning our patterns can help us make better choices
- how the practice of mindfulness has a clinical basis in treating symptoms, such as pain and stress
- how the practice can actually provide mindfulness benefits to the brain and body
- why meditation is different than relaxation
- how people can begin to find a mindfulness practice
I close out today’s show with an Odds&Ends ending to the show that expands on some recent show topics, including how you can find BeachBody videos for free on Amazon Prime, an app recommendation and a browser extension recommendation that are follow ups to last week’s show (The Apps Episode) plus an announcement about how listeners can now also find full-length episodes of the podcast on my business page (ReganJonesRD) on Facebook.
If you have a show idea you’d like to hear about, let me know and submit a show idea here! Or connect with me via Instagram, Tweet Me @ReganJonesRD, leave me a voicemail, email me regan[at]thisunmillenniallife[dot]com or join the This Unmillennial Life Facebook Group .
Thank you for listening and sharing with a friend! And of course, thanks for subscribing. If you enjoy the show, please leave a review! And if you’ve been listening to the show for a while or are a new listener and have thoughts about what you like/don’t like, I’d love for you to share them with me through this very brief LISTENER SURVEY. Thanks for your feedback!
Until next time,
This week’s episode is brought to you the Soyfoods Association of North America. Soy is an easy way to enjoy a “Flexitarian” diet — a fancy way of saying you’re incorporating more plant based foods in your diet. Because of soy’s versatility in recipes and heart health benefits, it’s an easy addition to your diet. Visit www.soyfoods.org for more information and recipe ideas.