no. 103 – The Scalp Cooling (Cold Capping) Episode [Part 1]
I hope you never need the information shared in today’s episode. But the likelihood that you will know someone facing chemotherapy is sadly higher than any of us would like.
When/If that day comes and that person is faced with the option of considering a relatively new technology called “Scalp Cooling” (or “Cold Capping”), I hope you’ll share this episode with them… or at least summarize it for them. (It’s a long one! But it’s FULL of good info.)
Joining me in this episode is Mellisa Bourestom, VP of Corporate Communications for Dignitana — the parent company of the scalp cooling system I used, Dignicap.
In the show we discuss:
- How The DigniCap Scalp Cooling System works, and who it helps.
- Is Dignicap Scalp Cooling safe?
- How much additional time scalp cooling adds to your treatment day.
- Why keeping your hair during chemo is so important for some cancer patients.
- Where DigniCap is available.
- Is DigniCap covered by insurance?
To be sure you never miss any future episodes and updates, please be sure to SUBSCRIBE HERE.
BEFORE YOU GO…
Be sure to check out the pictures of my Scalp Cooling/Cold Capping experience in this blog post:
YOU MAY ALSO FIND THIS POST HELPFUL AS WELL:
Leave a Comment