If the phrase “home-based fitness” makes you think of DVDs and ellipticals collecting dust in the corner, you haven’t met a Peloton owner. The internet-connected spin bike has reached almost cultish status in a very quick time, but is it worth the hype (and price tag)?
In this episode I interview Kim Nelson — owner and creative director of Red Chalk Studios, a brand development, marketing and creative agency in Virginia Beach, VA. After years of a traditional gym membership, Kim found herself in need of a change that fit her busy schedule. Peloton was the answer she was looking for. In the episode we discuss:
- How a Peloton bike is different from a stationary or regular spin bike
- How Peloton as a streaming service keeps things fresh and new for its riders
- What options are available for streaming other than the live Peloton classes
- How spinning in a Peloton class offers metrics that foster competition and personal bests
- The costs associated with purchasing and maintaining a Peloton
- What Kim thinks about the quality of Peloton, both their products and their communications
To close out the show, I offer a personal invite to listeners to join the This Unmillennial Life Podcast Facebook group to discover other great podcasts and audiobooks to listen to. (I also share that Audible.com is now a sponsor of the show and is currently offering a free book download with a 30-day free trial for listeners of the show who visit http://www.audibletrial.com/unmillennial.) Lastly, I share a personal piece of feedback from listener Inessa on how much she enjoyed The Freezer Meals Episode.
If you’ve tried a Peloton and Liked OR Disliked it, I’d love to hear from you! You can always Find Me On Instagram, Tweet Me @ReganJonesRD, leave me a voicemail, join the This Unmillennial Life Facebook Group OR submit a show idea here!
Thank you for listening and sharing with a friend! And of course, thanks for subscribing. If you enjoy the show, please leave a review! And if you’ve been listening to the show for a while or are a new listener and have thoughts about what you like/don’t like, I’d love for you to share them with me through this very brief LISTENER SURVEY. Thanks for your feedback!
Until next time,
This week’s episode is sponsored by @V8 — visit v8drinksome.com/ for more information and a coupon for $1.50 off any V8 100% vegetable juice.