No peanut butter on hand? No worries! Powdered Peanut Butter Pie is a wonderful alternative. Family and friends will love the taste and you’ll love how easy it is!
This pie is SO special. I’ve been saving it up for a spring celebration.
Why so special?
Well first – it tastes great. My husband is IN LOVE with this pie (a good thing, since yesterday, was our 19 year wedding anniversary and it never hurts nearly two decades in to realize you’ve still got some spark in the kitchen for those you love.)
Next, it’s just plain easy. I love celebrations with family and friends. But I hate dishes that are too fussy and require too much prep. Peanut Butter Pie is a crowd-pleaser, just by name alone. Being able to whip one up with just a few ingredients in no time at all is even more reason to celebrate.
Perhaps most importantly, it’s innovative. I mean, you’d think there’s no way to improve on Peanut Butter Pie… but you’d be wrong. This version uses powdered peanut butter (like these super popular Powdered Peanut Butter Cookies.) It’s hard to imagine that the handy bottle of powdered peanut butter you’ve been sprinkling into your morning smoothies could easily become a crowd-pleasing dessert. But it can. I promise.
So do something special and celebrate spring (summer or any time of year for that matter) with this Powdered Peanut Butter Pie.
Powdered Peanut Butter Pie
No peanut butter on hand? No worries! Peanut Butter Pie gets a helpful makeover in this Powdered Peanut Butter Pie recipe. Family and friends will love the taste and you’ll love how easy it is!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Makes 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup powdered peanut butter (such as PB2)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 graham cracker pie crust or gluten-free graham cracker crust (if needed)
- 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together sugar through cornstarch in a medium-size saucepan; gradually whisk in milk until combined. Place over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; reduce heat and simmer until thickened (mixture should coat the back of a spoon). Remove from heat and pour into Crust.
- Add egg whites and cream of tartar to a large, clean metal or glass bowl. Using clean, dry beaters, beat egg whites until foamy. Add sugar gradually, and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over pie, sealing to edges of the crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes, watching carefully not to over-bake tips of meringue.
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 24 g
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: powdered peanut butter, peanut butter, powdered peanut butter recipes, PB2, easy dessert, easy pie recipes, peanut butter desserts
© This Unmillennial Life ® by Regan Jones.
All images & content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or content without my permission.