If checking your heart rate is something you only have done at an annual check-up, maybe it’s time to look into the “theory” behind one of the nation’s hottest fitness brands — Orangetheory.
Grounded in research that shows the “after-burn” effect of high-intensity, cardio-blasting workouts (read: high heart rates), Orangetheory promises “strength, more energy, and more life.” But does it live up to its promises?
Today’s episode features Katy Widrick — group fitness instructor, multi-media producer, blogging genius and personal friend of the show. Katy has made Orangetheory a dedicated part of her fitness journey and is sharing with listeners why. In the show, we discuss:
- The premise behind the “zones” of Orangetheory workouts
- Why the class is so much more than a “cardio” class
- How the class is structured and how newbies can best orient themselves the first time they go
- Why Orangetheory is so effective in a short amount of time, but not the place to chat with friends
- What it feels like to gain functional fitness as a working mom to two small children
- Why Orangetheory is customizable for every level, but not for the casual fitness seeker. It’s serious business.
To close out the show, I’m sharing a few updates and follow-ups to The Eyelashes Episode.Our most popular episode to date, this show continues to live beyond the podcast on the This Unmillennial Life Facebook Group .Through that group I learned about an alternative to prescription serums — castor oil (<- affiliate link). I also share my experience trying out another “over the counter” (read: buy it easily online at Amazon <- affiliate link) eyelash growth serum, GrandeLASH-MD.
If you’ve been listening to the show for a while or are a new listener and have thoughts about what you like/don’t like, I’d love for you to share them with me through this very brief LISTENER SURVEY. Thanks for your feedback!
Thank you for listening and sharing with a friend! Just this last week a listener shared with me that this podcast feels like a chat between friends. Please tell a friend about the podcast so she can listen in, too!
Thanks for subscribing. If you enjoy the show, please leave a review!
Until next time,
This week’s episode is sponsored by HealthyAperture.com — the web’s first and only dietitian-curated recipe discovery site.